.jpg)


Well, My little Jordy boy is sick! :( We got up this morning and had planned on going to breakfast with Nana and Aunt Nina, Nicole, Mom and Dad...Whenever we leave we give the doggies treats...Jordy wouldn't eat his...this is when I REALLY was thinking I think something is wrong here...so I came back home and he didn't get up to greet us when we got home. Hmmm...so I go over to touch him and he cried when I did this. I called the vet and immediately wanted to get him in. So I took him right over. She weighed him and he was 89.9lbs! He's normally in the upper 70's to 80! She checked his legs for arthritis etc. and that wasn't it. She touched his belly and he cried like he did for me. So she wanted me to leave him for blood work and x-rays and to call them if I hadn't heard from them by 2pm. So, 1/2 later the vet calls me and asks if she can give him a pain medicine to take the edge off because they couldn't even get a x-ray! When they finally did she called back again...(each time the phone rang my heart sank!) This time she tells me the blood work was perfect but the x-rays on the other hand were not. He was so full of air/gas that they couldn't see ANYTHING! They started an IV and got fluids in him, gave him an enema, and some more pain meds and wanted to keep him overnight. In the morning they are going to do more x-rays to see if it is an Intestinal or GI problem but she is confident he's just gasey right now (and boy let me tell you HE IS! if we lit a match our house would blow up! haha) Poor baby! :( So, my being the stressed out mess I am/was over all of this called the vet to see if someone was going to be with him overnight. The nurse proceeded to tell me "well the Dr. will probably come in and check on him once but no, nobody is here overnight" WHAT? So I said "I'm totally not comfortable with this can you just pass that on to the Dr. and let her know I am willing to pick him up and watch him overnight and bring him back in the morning?" So she said "yeah yeah I'll let her know" (basically) So 5 minutes later the Dr. called back and said that she would feel 100% more confident and comfortable if he was at home as well because he was kinda nervous being there and stuff. So mama went and picked him up at 5 and he's safely and comfortably resting at home right now! I know I'll sleep better tonight knowing that he's here with me and not alone!!! So, tommorow at 7:30am we'll be back off to the vet for more x-rays to see what they heck my little turkey got into or has goin' on in that tummy of his! So please say your prayers that everything will be ok with him! He's only 3 1/2 and I don't know what I would do without my big baby! I'm confident they have caught whatever it is and he'll be ok for now! But my little pill swallower on the other hand is all better and up to no good like usual! :) hehe! He's gonna love this cone on Jordy's head tonight! haha! I'll update you more when we know more!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Real Baby's ok Doggie Baby's not...
Posted by The Johnsons at 4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment