So...here's the damage...I had just gotten home from runnin' some errands with my little guy and he was runnin' around playin' in the living room and tripped over his feet...I happened to be on the phone with Joanne, so when I watched him fall face 1st into the corner of the stone fireplace I was like "Oh my gosh Jo I gotta go Hayden just hit his mouth and he's bleeding", she of course said "I'll be right over". I picked him up, saw blood and the 2 cuts (in the picture you really can only see the bottom one...the other's are under his lip and inside his mouth). I tried to stay calm (he was crying so hard) but I couldn't stay stong, I paniced and started crying, called my brother, he came right over. Natalie called in the midst of everything, she helped to calm me down, told me what to do...shes a nurse...uhh. So Jo got here and confirmed that "yes you need to take him to the emergency room". So off we went. Chase drove my car, Jo followed and we were off to Jodi's house. She rode with me to the emergency room. Jo brought Chase back, Jodi drove us to Goshen General we got there about 9:30 and the doctor came in right away! (The new E.R. at Goshen is so nice, hardly and wait and CLEAN!) Anways, he looked at it, said he could stitch it but didn't think he HAD too and didn't want to put him through the pain of that. So, he whipped out the "super glue" and cleaned and glued my little man up. He was so strong and brave didn't cry at all until they strapped him down (took a lot to keep myself from bawling). We were outta there by 10:45pm! Not bad for a trip to the E.R. Ben was outta town and probably scared outta his mind, me calling crying and saying we have to take our baby to the ER! Uhh. He was relieved to know he was ok. Of course when we get home of all the times I need baby tylenol I'm out! So, with only 2 screaming fits in the night we made it through. Filled our bag with baby tylenol at CVS this morning, ate some McDonalds breakfast and went garage salin'. Stopped and visited Cooper Tyler and Jodi and overall my boy was a trooper today! I'll just keep him Tylenoled up! :) Of all the times my husband, my parents, and my mother in law are all gone at the same time, something like this happens! GEESH! Enough to make this girl FREAK! :) Until next time, have a great weekend! Hopefully no severe storms!!!

Friday, June 6, 2008
Emergency Room visit #2
Posted by The Johnsons at 2:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the picture of the two of you! Glad Baby Hayden is glued back together!
I think it's great that you posed for a picture in the midst of a crisis in the ER, ha! :) I'm glad that everything worked out OK!
Post a Comment