Well to say the least the past week...well, two weeks, has been NUTS. Hayden has completely NOT been himself, starting with the flu two weeks ago. Ever since then, he has hardly eaten, or really drank much, he is sooo irritable, whiney, again just not himself. Well Sunday after getting back from Cleveland we had him in the ER for a high temperature and for just being lethargic. It was a rough night, they gave him 2 bags of fluids which did help a little. The nurse giving him the IV bruised his little arm so bad when she did it (I would have liked to hurt her for this) then the lab tech didn't use the right tube for one of the tests and the blood clotted so the CBC test that would tell us if he had a bacterial or viral infection didn't work. SO, we had to go back to the hospital the next day and they had to stick him again. Our family doctor basically just is saying this is all from the flu. Well Monday night he just got a nose bleed out of nowhere...he wasn't picking or anything I saw the whole thing...so I called the nurse on call and she said to her with all of the things hes had going on this really was a "red flag" to her and she wanted us to page the doctor. So we did. He said it was just probably "irritated" which sure it probably could just be because of that but this worried mommy wasn't having it...I switched him and Emerson Monday to Bristol Street Pediatrics and WE LOVE THEM! They are NOT wanting to just write this off as the flu and are testing Hayden's "stool" for 3 things...one of them being a parasite that he could have picked up at Kalahari the water park YUMMY~ So we'll know more tommorow but he still today is just waking up screaming and now is coughing and sneezing...so needless to say its been a CRAZY couple of weeks and we're trying to keep him away from Emerson as much as possible! But, while in Cleveland we did get to stay with our friends Julie and Scott and little miss Evelyn and that was SO MUCH FUN! We were lucky enough to have Scott capture some AMAZING pictures behind the Rock Hall while we were playing and we also went to their HUGE market...if you have never been it is A M A Z I N G! I've never seen anything like it...in this first in just one of the 50 rows like this at the market and theirs a whole other building for all of the fresh produce and veggies! Its unlike anything I've ever seen! So that's what's been going on with us lately...Hayden did get a new playset today so that post and a post with the picture that Scott took to come!!! Keep our little guy in your prayers please and hopefully we'll find out what's wrong real soon!!!



6 comments:
Hey Morgan... So sorry to hear that Hayden has been so sick. That is SO stressful. Sounds like you did the right think by switching Peds. We went to Bristol St. growing up and my mom always liked them a lot. When Johna was 5 she somehow ended up with sepsis and the doctor was awesome. Sorry that the hospital experience was so crummy too. :( Where did you go? I would have been HOT if they had used the wrong tube, missed with the IV etc. Hope he's back to himself soon!!
I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I went through the EXACT same thing with Sophia 2 weeks ago. SueEllen Wilhelm (Kevin's Mom) our WONDERFUL nurse from Bristol St told us to get to the ER right away. Sophia had a fever of 104.4, and was extremely lethargic, wouldn't eat or drink, or go to the bathroom. They were worried about a kidney infection, but after tests for infection and meningitis, we were lucky that it was only the flu! It's so hard to see your baby sick. I'm so glad he's doing better! Hopefully you'll have some more answers soon.
Oh man Morgan...it's so tough when your little one doesn't feel good and ESPECIALLY when you can't figure out what is wrong. I swear my Mama Bear instinct comes out raging during times like that. I'll be thinking of your guys and praying for you...we love you!
Jamie
UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! Poor little guys, what a story... aren't doctors a**holes once in awhile. It's like, you know when your child is not right!!! Well, I hope he is doing better. Miss ya.
LOVE Bristol Street too! I had switched over to them about one year ago. I don't mind the drive, because I L.O.V.E. them. They know what they are doing, because they specialize in kids all day long. You will be happy with them. Sorry about Hayden, I hope you can get answers soon.
So about our house, you ask...we would like to build again. We don't want to move far...here in our subdivision again. :) We'll see what the market does.
Wow sorry about Hayden? Was it Barkow's that was messin' up the treatments? Or not giving you good info? That's so surprising to me! I'm just so glad you got it taken care of!
Post a Comment